Listed below are a variety of resources that might be useful to parents and staff. Huckabay ISD is not responsible for, nor endorses, the content of and external web pages listed below.
Texas Education Agency
- Procedural Safeguards
Procedural Safeguards - English
Procedural Safeguards - Spanish
- A Guide to the Admission, Review and Dismissal Process (English
- A Guide to the Admission, Review and Dismissal Process (Spanish)
- Talking Book Program
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) works collaboratively with stakeholders to provide resources and facilitate collaboration that supports the development and delivery of services to children with disabilities in our State.
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD)
AAIDD promotes progressive policies, sound research, effective practices, and universal human rights for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
Making effective communication a human right, accessible and achievable for all.
- Arc of Texas
The Arc of Texas is committed to creating opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to be included in their communities and make the choices which affect their lives.
- Autism Society of America (ASA)
The mission of the ASA is improving the lives of all affected by autism.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
CHADD provides education, advocacy and support for individuals with AD/HD.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
CEC is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted.
Disability.gov provides quick and easy access to comprehensive information about disability programs, services, laws, and benefits.
- ECI of Tarrant (Serving Erath and Hood Counties (ECI)
ECI is a statewide program for families with children, birth through three, with disabilities and developmental delays.
- Education Service Center Region 11
ESC Region XI is one of 20 education service centers established by the Texas State Legislature in 1967. As an intermediary educational agency, ESC Region 11 provides information, services, staff development, and support to 77 public school districts and 22 charter schools in a 10-county area in north central Texas.
- International Dyslexia Association (IDA)
The IDA is dedicated to helping individuals with dyslexia and their families.
- 2021 Dyslexia Handbook – Important Changes for Families (English – Spanish)
- Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Special Education Process
The Legal Framework for the Child-Centered Process is a template in an electronic format that summarizes state and federal requirements for special education by topic.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Texas (NAMI Texas)
NAMI Texas has a variety of education and support directed to mental health consumers, family members, friends, professionals, and the community at large to address the mental health needs of Texans.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
NAEYC is dedicated to improving the well-being of all young children, with particular focus on the quality of educational and developmental services for all children birth through age eight.
- National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS)
The mission of NDSS is to be the national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down Syndrome.
- National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center (NSTTAC)
NSTTAC provides information and resources related to secondary transition education, services and post-school outcomes.
- Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)
OSEP is dedicated to improving results for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities ages birth through 21.
- Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports
The technical assistance center on positive behavioral interventions and supports has been established to give schools capacity-building information and technical assistance for identifying, adapting, and sustaining effective school-wide disciplinary practices.